RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
The following rules and restrictions are provided by the car hire company.
- The driver must present a valid driver's licence and credit card in their name upon pick-up. The credit card is required as a deposit when renting any vehicle. The deposit amount is held by the car hire company. Please ensure sufficient funds are available on the card.
- International rentals may have different driving licence requirements. An international driving licence is required if the driving licence is non-roman alphabet.
- Additional charges or restrictions may apply for drivers under 23 or over 70.
- Charges for refueling, additional drivers, etc. are not included in the total price.
- Some car hire companies may require you to prepay for a tank of fuel when you pick up the vehicle.
- Special equipment, such as child seats and GPS, can be purchased upon pick-up (if available).
- S.S.TRAVELS offer a grace period of 2 hours between the booked pick up time and the actual time the vehicle is picked up. If you are likely to be late, we advise that you contact the local S.S.TRAVELS branch directly.
- When returning your rental, S.S.TRAVELS typically offer a grace period of 29 minutes between the agreed drop off time and the actual time the vehicle is returned to the car hire branch. After this period has lapsed, an additional rental day may be charged.
- Geographical restrictions may apply, even for rental contracts that feature unlimited mileage. Some S.S.TRAVELS do not allow you to take their vehicles across certain domestic or international borders, or may apply an additional charge to do so.
- An excess may be applicable if hire car is damaged or stolen. Optional insurance can be purchased locally to reduce this excess. is not liable for such excess or additional insurance provision.
- Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 48 hours BEFORE
- No refunds will be offered on bookings cancelled within 48hours of your pick-up time or on any unused rental days.
Security Deposit for the car
- When picking up the car, all drivers need to present valid driver's license typically held for at least one year with no major endorsements. The required years of driving experience may vary according to the car category, country or car rental supplier. International rentals may have different driver's license requirements. We strongly advise you check individual country or car rental supplier requirements as an international driving license may be mandatory. Please note if this is the case, you will need to present both your international driver's license and your domestic license for pick-up. For holders of a UK driving license please visit DVLA for an update on recent changes to the paper counterpart effective from 8th June 2015. When renting in the United States the legal terms for 12-17 passenger van rentals may differ as per rental destination. Please check the local requirements for driving license policy.
- If your domestic driving license is issued in non-Latin characters (e.g. Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillicetc.), you will need to present an International Driving Permit in addition to your domestic driving license. Please remember that you must carry both documents also when driving your rental car.
- If the International Driver's Permits cannot be issued by your home Country (e.g. drivers from People's Republic of China), you may be allowed to present your domestic driving license accompanied by a Notarised Translation instead. We strongly recommend verifying the international driving license regulations applicable for your Country of pick-up, or to contact your Embassy for more information.
- Keep in mind, however, that while a certain Countrys regulations may not require an International Driver's Permit, some car rental suppliers located in that Country may require to present the International Driver's Permit anyway.
Specific requirement for destination Japan:
- Min age 18, must possess a valid license to drive in Japan.
- Only IDP countries listed in 1949 Geneva convention is acceptable.
- IDP from these countries are not valid: , Estonia, , Monaco, Slovenia, but has separate agreement that required a translation of their driver's license from Japan Automobile Federation (JAF)(more info: http://www.jaf.or.jp/e/translation/with.htm)
100 PERCENT WILL BE CHARGED ON NO SHOW
Full to Full: Pick up and drop off with a full tank. If the car is not returned with a full tank, will charge fuel plus refueling charges.
S.S.TRAVELS offer a grace period of two hours between the booked pick up time and the actual time the vehicle is picked up. After this period has lapsed, a "no show" fee may apply. If you are likely to be late, we advise that you contact the local car rental branch directly. When returning your rental, S.S.TRAVELS typically offer a grace period of 29 minutes between the agreed drop off time and the actual time the vehicle is returned to the car rental branch. After this period has lapsed, an additional rental day may be charged.
THERE IS NO AFTER HOURS , WE SERVE 24 HOURS AND 365 DAYS
CROSS BORDER TRAVEL
Cross border travel is not usually permitted. If you plan to drive outside of the country/state (for instance US/CAN) or to different islands within the same country, cross border fees may apply. At time of pick-up, we recommend to notify the rental agent about your intention to cross the borders and specify any country/state or island which you would like to visit. In this way, the rental agent will verify if your vehicle is suitable and covered by all insurances needed foryour cross border travel.
At time of pick-up, the following documentation issued in the main drivers name must be presented at the rental desk:
- Reservation confirmation reference number (Voucher where applicable)
- Valid Passport/or ID card
- Valid Driving License
- Valid Credit Card
- Minimum age: 21,
Maximum age: 70
- Different mileage conditions may apply for customers with local rentals within the same city. A young driver surcharge generally applies to drivers up to the age of 30 years. The applicable young driver surcharge and age policy may differ depending on your selected car category and country. Only drivers over 30 years old may rent superior car categories, such as Full Size or Premium/Luxury cars. This mandatory surcharge (as a guideline between EUR 5 - EUR 35 per day) is not included in the rental price and is paid in local currency at rental desk.
- For drivers over the age of 70 years, a senior driver surcharge or alternatively the purchase of an extra insurance may apply. If applicable, payment is taken in the local currency at the rental desk according
- GPS (Global Positioning System) 5.00 USD per day
- Infant Seat (0-1 year) 5.00 USD per day
- Child Seat (1-3 years) 5.00 USD per day
- Booster Seat (4-12 years) 5.00 USD per day
- Additional Driver FREE
- The prices given are estimates only and subject to changes without prior notice.
- Extras such as child seats, additional driver, snow chains etc. are on a request basis and are not included in the rental price. They are paid in the local currency at the rental desk according to the S.S.TRAVELS
- RENTAL PRICE EXCLUDES YOUNG DRIVER FEE
- ANY CROSS BORDER PERMITS AND TAXES
- ONE WAY FEE is not included in the rates
Please note there is a weekly interstate tax is applicable when travelling to the following states: Tamilnadu, Telangana, Karanataka, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Goa, Delhi, Gujarat, Rajastana, Maharasatra, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Uttrahkand, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu Kashmir, Odisha, Chattisgarh.
Rates vary depending on the state. If you are planning on travelling please inform the rental desk of your travelling plans.
The vehicle displayed and models listed are the most common vehicles used by our S.S.TRAVELS. We cannot guarantee the make or model of the rental vehicle will be the same as the vehicle displayed on our website